Climate Disclosure Training: TCFD for the Financial Sector
In order to provide financial institutions, issuers and preparers of financial filings with high-quality training on climate disclosure and provide an overview of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations, the SME Finance Forum and the IFC (facilitated by UN SSE) are providing a multifaceted, certified course.
The objective is to facilitate a multistakeholder dialogue on TCFD disclosure and provide an understanding of the importance of climate-related disclosure.
The course consists of 2 modules of 120 minutes and is CDP certified (participants will receive a certificate upon completion, enabling individuals with professional body membership to use the training as part of continuing professional development requirements).
- The training will be virtual and Members of the SME Finance Forum are welcome to sign up for the sessions.
- Session of Day 1 provides an overview of what climate-related reporting is and why it is important. It will also provide participants with the global and regional context and focus on the initial steps on how to address the TCFD recommendations.
- By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to: Explain the financial risks & opportunities associated with climate change, and the importance of climate-related financial disclosure.
- Understand the key elements of climate-related financial disclosure and outline the characteristics of good practice
- Identify the initial steps organizations need to take to implement the recommendations of the TCFD.
Date: June 5th & 6th
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM EDT
Cost: This course will be complimentary for the SME Finance Forum Member
To complete your registration and help us make necessary arrangements, please take a few moments to provide the following information for each session:
Day 1 - June 5th: REGISTER HERE
Day 2 – June 6th: REGISTER HERE
Tiffany Grabski (SSE)
Vanina Vegezzi (SSE)
Maheen Arshad (UNEP-FI)
Wenmin Li (UNEP-FI)
By registering for this event, you agree to the SME Finance Forum/IFC Event Privacy Notice.