Innovations and Startup Banking - Caucasus SME Banking Club Conference 2017
Each year SME Banking Club gathers business bankers and SME financial professionals in May in Georgia as to explore some of the key issues facing the region and the industry at the moment. The conference attracts international speakers from world financial institutions willing to share their views and experience on SME & Business Banking.
This year event, supported by IFC and Bank of Georgia, will focus on innovations in digital, lending; non-financial services and startup banking. The attendees will have an opportunity to listed CEOs how their digital SME banks disturb traditional banks, how last ones can compete or friend with fintechs, how banks can support SMEs with non-financial services and get more financial and non-financial benefits.
Georgia’s reputation as a business-friendly country is growing after receiving top marks from the World Bank in its latest Doing Business Index.
The Doing Business Index is a World Bank Group flagship report that investigates the regulations that enhance business activities and those that constrain it. The latest report showed Georgia was among the top global improvers for implementing business friendly reforms.
Georgia received a ranking of 16 among 190 economies in the Doing Business 2017.
The 2-days event organized by SME Banking Club in two locations:
The first conference day on May 24 to be organized in luxury The Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi (is operated as part of the Millennium & Copthorne Hotels). The grand opening of The Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi took place on 31 July 2016 and was hosted by the hotel’s owners, the UAE-based Dhabi Group.
The World Bank has been supporting Georgia’s government and private sector to advance innovation-led growth of key economic sectors since 2013. These policy advice, knowledge transfer, and capacity building efforts led to the creation of Georgia’s Innovation and Technology Agency (GITA) [learn more]. This is why we will make the on-site visit to the Tech Park on May 25. The delegates will have an opportunity to meet with startups, the residents of the tech park and attend the sessions with the presentations about how banks support startups and how to cooperate with new players and fintechs in a small business segment.
Key reasons to attend
- Meet global and regional banks from CIS, Caucasus and Central Asia countries, and also fintechs. Learn their best practices and insights in SME Banking, innovations and marketing.
- Enjoy dedicated sessions on a range of topics critical to the future success of SME banking. Learn from the top banking players and share experiences with your peers.
- Benefit from the Conference format: optimal group of participants for a richer learning experience. The limited size of the conference, which includes participants from a wide range of backgrounds, facilitates networking and rewarding exchanges.
- Make valuable contacts: the Conference attracts top professionals, senior executives, and decision-makers from the financial sector.
- Enjoy high-quality networking opportunities (VIP dinner, welcome drink, guided tours, etc.) to establish long-lasting relationships.
- Take this opportunity to explore Georgia, including guide tour to vine region during Day 3 [optional].
- Onsite visit the tech park and get more information how to organize the startup banking and get more revenue from non-financial services for SMEs.