The Industry Council is intended as a channel for direct bilateral communications between the Forum's management and representatives of those private-sector member institutions which most broadly represent the industry. By invitation only, and limited to no more than 10 spaces, the Council will represent the industry perspective to the Forum’s CEO and management as it sets and executes the Forum’s strategic plan, including, in particular, in communications with regulators, policy-makers and other high-level stakeholders. Council members will have exclusive access to high-level stakeholders and will play an important role in the achievement of the Forum's mission
Benefits of the Industry Council
- Exclusive consultation meeting with leadership of the G20 Global Partnership for Financial
- Inclusion on SME finance related policy issues. Priority access to important and high-profile events including: G20 GPFI and APEC
- ABAC. Platinum sponsorship benefits and privileges at annual meeting of the SME Finance Forum – (worth $100,000).
- Dedicated relationship manager to ensure the Council member can maximize SME Finance Forum upcoming opportunities.
- Annual Council Dinner with VIP speakers at Global SME Finance Forum
- Access to an annual exclusive high-level meeting with selected VIP guests (to be held during Spring/ or Annual Meetings).
Terms/participation of the Industry Council
The Industry Council Members shall commit to three years engagement with the SME Finance Forum.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for financial institutions that commit to supporting growth of SME and are passionate about SME Finance Forum’s mission and objectives. A member of the Industry Council shall be:
- A financial institution that commits to supporting growth of SMEs in emerging markets and with good reputation.
- An existing member of the SME Finance Forum and commits to paying $100,000 annually or an upfront payment of $270,000 to the Forum for the three years membership.
- An existing member institution of the SME Finance Forum and be represented by its senior leader who has:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of SME Finance Forum’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities.